Friday, March 1, 2013

Would You Like to Say Goodbye to Your Postal Mail All Together?

News Event - A new service called Outbox promises to come to your house, collect your physical mail, and scan it so you can read it Online via computer, iPad or Smartphone. Clever, but worth paying for?

The start-up already has over 600 customers in Austin, Texas and is now testing the service in San Francisco, with hopes of a much larger geographic expansion in the future. The Outbox subscription fee is $5 a month.

Outbox’s “unpostmen” will collect mail from a P.O. Box, but amazingly they’ll also come to your physical address and remove mail from your mail box, or if you have a door or garage slot, they provide a special box they can access.

That mail is delivered to a secure warehouse where the physical paper is digitized and then sent to your email inbox. Once scans of physical mail start arriving in your email inbox, you can flag items as junk mail and tell Outbox you don’t want to receive mail from that sender again. Outbox will also alert you to new items they think qualify as junk. The site’s marketing explanation says “think of Outbox as a mail filter: we'll deliver only the mail items you want or need.”

My Views/Comments:  No thank you...I can recognize junk mail, do not open and I shred...recycle...same of electronic Junk/Spam mail or Phishing Scams, hit delete.

And if someone scans my personal mail, then they know more about me in this Identity Theft Age, and whose to say they do not read it...now this service would be Great for Inmates in Jail or Prison.  Pre-screened mail, contraband, drugs, would be virtually eliminated.

If I am to get a refund check, I do not want someone else getting it, not to mention leaving it up to them to decide which mail I get...and they would need a key to my mailbox...plus do I trust the service to inform me, as they have pretty much all of my personal information if I subscribed to their service, and if I forward my mail to a service, I have no control, and if I move or something should happen to this Service Company, what then. 

And as it is now in this economy & digital world of OUT SOURCING my mail too, to India, China or Parts unknown.  NO NO NO NO...we are already tracked, photographed, ease dropped onto personal information as it is now.

What I really want to know, if I travel to Mars, will I still have WiFi and get my mail too?

Upgrade Your Life - with Becky Worley


No comments:

Post a Comment