Friday, March 22, 2013

Why I Do Not Like Microsoft Support

Having used Computers for over 30, and Microsoft prior to DOS 5, Windows 3.0, that utilizing Support.Microsoft - Window Forums - and countless hours of resolving issues with Microsoft products, not to mention computers purchased with Microsoft installed, as Office Word/Excel/Access, FrontPage, Outlook, etc...Tech Support would be Free.

Plus today, I contacted Microsoft Support via Chat, provided my Product ID for Office and MS Support could not validate my product.  However, I have the ID, Product Key and have installed it several times when switching from one MS OS i.e. Win95, Win98, ME, XP Pro, Vista, & Win7.

And until a couple days ago, I never received this Error "Microsoft Visual Basic Compile Error in Hidden Module in all these years.  However, after reading the Forums, I am not alone on this specific issue.  My additional thoughts after the following Live Microsoft Answer Desk Chat Results 22 Mar 2013

Hi, thanks for visiting Answer Desk. I'm Rosherlyn V.

Rosherlyn V: 11:38:13 AM
   
Hi, How are you doing today?

ME: 11:38:50 AM
   
I have Product ID, which would not except 25811-OEM-0096947-01468 for Excel of Office 2000 (9.0.3821 SR-1) and I receive "ms visual basic compile error in hidden module" every time I open Excel

Rosherlyn V: 11:39:51 AM
   
I am more than happy to assist you and point you to the right direction.

ME: 11:39:55 AM
   
I have visited and read both support.microsoft.com/kb/312595 & support.microsoft.com/kb/307410 which neither works, nor does Microsoft Fix it 50303

I have ran Detect & Repair 3 times, nothing works, so my next option is to un-install Office 2000 and re-install which in all my years using, I have never encountered this issue.

Rosherlyn V: 11:41:14 AM
   
Allow me to validate the Product ID that you have provided.  Can you double check the Part ID please?

ME: 11:43:14 AM
   
I wrote Product ID per Excel's Help About....If I could send a screen capture via this chat, I would

Rosherlyn V: 11:43:50 AM
   
I see. Excel came pre-installed in this computer?

ME: 11:44:38 AM
   
No, I own Office 2000 and have for years and have used it on this computer for over a year

Rosherlyn V: 11:45:24 AM
   
Great. You you still have the installer and the product key for Office 2000 right?

ME: 11:46:03 AM
   
Yes, I have the whole enchilada. I have over 28 yrs experience using MS products and longer of computers before Windows

I can un-install and re-install even though when I got Office 2000, I was probably using Win98, then Vista and now Win7

Do you want the Product Key?

Rosherlyn V: 11:47:30 AM
   
Awesome!  It is overwhelming to chat with an Expert.  Yes, let me validate the Product Key.

Before we proceed, let me set your expectation that the Microsoft Answer Desk is actually a paid service. We offer technical assistance for a certain fee, but for the next few minutes I'll just ask some questions to determine if your problem can be handled by our paid support, or it's something really easy. Okay?

ME:11:48:17 AM
   
I am not an Expert, extremely experienced thank you...If I have to pay, no thanks....MS has enough of my money and time over the years, I feel I should not have to, since this issue is not of my doing

Rosherlyn V: 11:49:14 AM
   
Cool!

ME: 11:49:59 AM
   
So thank you for your time. I shall end this session and try un-installing and re-install the install

Rosherlyn V: 11:50:28 AM
   
Yes please try to uninstall and reinstall Office 2000.  You have my vote of confidence you will be able to reinstall Office 2000.

ME: 11:51:15 AM
   
That was my last resort, as I tried everything I could find at support.microsoft and
social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/

Rosherlyn V: 11:51:18 AM
   
Should you need further assistance, please feel free to reconnect with us anytime.

You: 11:51:42 AM
   
Usually it does no good...anyway Thanks

Rosherlyn V: 11:52:16 AM
   
Thank you for utilizing our support forums and online resources.  Please fully uninstall Office 2000 and reinstall it. It should work fine.

You: 11:52:56 AM
   
I would think as a long time buying customer of computers with MS installed I would get better Customer Service...it is not your fault

Rosherlyn V: 11:53:20 AM
   
Truly understand Sir.

You: 11:53:21 AM
   
Have a good day.

Rosherlyn V: 11:53:39 AM
   
Have a great day ahead

-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-

My Additional Thoughts

If I was Bill Gates, I could dial Tech-911 and have any issue fixed.  After Microsoft has been around for 30 years or so...you would think by now Microsoft would get it right.

And since I have used/purchased Computers with Microsoft Products as Office 95, 97 & 2000 more than once, and DOS 3-6.22, Windows 3.0, 3.11, 95, 98, ME, XP, Vista, Windows 7, that I would receive Tech Support for Life at no additional cost.

Another suggestion, would be since Microsoft Programmer's writing error messages into their Operating Systems, would assign the Error with KB Number i.e. Win7-KB27467 and provide a link in the Error Message pop-up Window, that provides click-able steps 1.2.3 to resolve the issue.

If Microsoft can Identify a Problem, why not Provide the Solution...Something happened to produce the Pop-Up Error Message in the first place.

Microsoft Staff/Tech's get paid, we pay their Salary...however if your Computer is down due to something wrong with their Operating System, or Software as Office, you lose productivity time or down time, and We Do Not Get Paid for our time searching for a Solution to a problem caused by Microsoft's programs, conflicting with another program, drivers, DLL's, or recent Microsoft OS Update Critical or Security related, Software Update etc.



No comments:

Post a Comment