Sunday, February 21, 2021

Windows 10 Issues Can Be Frustrating

This Sunday Morning...my query on the Web for this process "WaasMedicAgent Exe" running in the background of Windows 10 Pro, currently up to date per Windows Update.  I view Windows Task Manager when my System is running Slow or has been Cause to Stop Anything I am/was doing at the time.

1) My Issue being of any version of Microsoft Windows 10 Home, Enterprise, or Pro I am encountering

2) Searching the Web for a Description & Explanation learning what "WaasMedicAgent Exe" its purpose i.e. what is and does in Windows 10

Only to find that the Results for my query "WaasMedicAgent Exe" may contain About 3,200 Results found within 60 seconds.  Amazing Speed.

3) Answers.microsoft May not be listed as the first or with in the first few results depending on the Search Engine you may have used.  Nor support.microsoft

4) The Resulting Link addresses may Dupe you into believing they are from Microsoft about Windows 10 of the Issue/Query you typed in...i.e. thewindowsclub, windowsreport, windowsphoneinfo, windowsbulletin, tenforums, 

5) If by chance one of the first results listed is from Answers. microsoft. com  

or you visit https: // support. microsoft .com/  and enter WaaSMedicAgent.Exe 

Results for "WaaSMedicAgent.Exe"

Sorry, there are no results for WaaSMedicAgent.Exe

Try rephrasing your query.

6) Answers.microsoft might be First for this Query the post dates may/will vary i.e. 2015, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021 and indication this issue you might be experiencing is ongoing.  Windows 10 initial release date was 29 Jul 2015.

-------------------

Post Topic "WaasMedic Agent Exe stopping me from working".  Replies can be many plus the amount of Views 3,686 of this same Topic.

A User Reply Asking "Did you ever find out how to fix this?? 270 other people with the same question and not one reply.

I have the same issue now and my PC is currently unusable. 

I was hoping it would fix itself and the app stop running after a while but my disk usage is at 100% constantly.  Is it safe to just end the process??

Bit of a joke really from Microsoft when there's no warnings or prompts, just take over my PC."

---------

Another Answers.microsoft Question Query, 22 Nov 2017

"What is this WaasMedic? and Why it required to connect internet and make changes on MY COMPUTER?"

User's comments to his question "I've seen some people asked the same question but Microsoft reps are continuously ignoring and reluctant to answer what this file actually is ?

Please tell about this in detail !!

A User's Reply "Windows Update includes tasks to repair itself, because it's a critical part of Windows.

WaaS stands for 'Windows as a Service' - that's how Windows 10 is different from earlier versions of Windows. Windows 10 is delivered as a service, while earlier versions were discrete products.

Medic is just slang for healing.  A medic, as you probably know, is another term for a doctor.

WaasMedic is one of the utilities that try to repair Windows Update when it gets damaged.

Searching the internet is a skill worth developing.  With the right search term and a discerning eye there is a world of valuable information.  Unfortunately, it takes practice to craft the right search term and time to develop a discerning eye."

Just an ordinary guy, with no fancy titles or boasts, who can't get enough of technology.

___________________________________________

Consequently, and most likely there is "No Fix It Answer" probably many User's of different levels of Microsoft Windows experiences may suggest trying this or that.

Possibly an Hour Later, leaves you only more Frustrated, with no resolve.

So the Question may become, How Patient are You, How Much Time are you willing to Spend, How Important is it to You, to Learn You are Not Alone.  

The Web is mostly inundated with many Frustrated Windows Users in the millions one Estimate as of Apr 2017

Suggest there are more than 1 billion Windows-powered PCs in use in the world, Microsoft officially claims there are 400 million active users of Windows 10 itself.

As of Aug 2019, How many computers are in the World 2020?

In 2019, there were over 2 billion computers in the world, including servers, desktops, and laptops.

Nov 2020 - In October, Windows was the OS on 88.8% of all PCs worldwide

I began using Computers 1983 IBM PC DOS, then onto MS-DOS 3.0 (1984), MS-DOS 5 (Jun 1991)

The Computer Experience I have for 37 yrs and as a Windows User of 30 yrs from Windows 3.0 (1990), 3.11 (Aug 1993), 95 (Aug 1995), 98 (Jun 1998), ME (Sep 2000), XP (Oct 2001), Vista (Nov 2006), Win7 (Oct 2009), I skipped Win8 (Aug 2012) 8.1 (Aug 2013), finally Win10 since 31 Aug 2015, a month after Windows 10 initial release.

The Multiple Updates/Downloads/Install/Re-Install, errors, how to fix/correct/overcome by a work around and downtime probably an astronomical measurement of my time.

Recently Up-Dating Windows 10 Home Edition of this PC-1, last Oct 2020, has taken almost 4 months to complete, due to issues with Windows 10 Home, not able to perform Current Updates at that time.

Win10 Home v1999

---------

Step 1) to Run SFC /scannow (Command Prompt as Admin)

---------

Step 2) Command Prompt as Admin or Windows PowerShell ISE as Admin

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Checkhealth  

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

---------

Both SFC (System File Check) and DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) I ran multiple times.

Which SFC returned with the same Error of Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files BUT was unable to Fix Some of Them.

And Good Look viewing the CBS Log file that tells supposedly For Online Repairs, details are included in the CBS Log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log

This repeated itself even after running the 3 DISM commands multiple times and then SFC \scannow after each time.

---------

Step 3) Command Prompt as Admin or Windows PowerShell ISE as Admin

ran this command:  chkdsk C: /f /r /x

The “/f” parameter tells CHKDSK to fix any errors it finds; “/r” tells it to locate the bad sectors on the drive and recover readable information; “/x” forces the drive to dismount before the process starts

The CHKDSK command can take a long time, especially when performed on larger drives.  (My Drives are 2TB)

CHKDISK found no errors, I even made sure my 2TB hard drive was analyzed and if fragmented, to run Defrag and Optimize.  Which is something I perform monthly, of my Hard Drives this PC-1 is almost 4 yrs old.

----------

Even as often I clear Caches, File Clean-Ups, other preventive steps I take, I do encounter issues now and then.

I also run Norton 360 Premium and Malwarebytes Premium, as no Security Software is Guaranteed 100% to Protect your System.  

I do not trust Windows Defender or Windows Security is to manage the tools that protect your device and your data: Virus & threat protection.  Monitor threats to your device, run scans, and get updates to help detect the latest threats. (Some of these options are unavailable if you're running Windows 10 in S mode.)

Hence: Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows 10 is not sufficient.  The short answer is that the bundled security solution from Microsoft is pretty good at most things.  But the long answer is that it could do better—and you can still do better with a third-party antivirus app.  Why I Use Norton & Malwarebytes, in place of MS Security no matter was Microsoft may Call it.

Nor Do I Like Windows System Interrupts as to when it decides to Run and Use CPU 100%.

A failing power supply (or laptop battery) can cause a spike in the CPU use of “System interrupts” and so can a failing hard drive.  You can test your hard drives with Windows' built in Check Disk tool.

Recently as Jan 2021, I did replace my Acer Power-Supply.  That Acer PC-1 (2017), I use heavily 8-16 hrs a day x365.  

PC-2 an Acer (2011), is a back-up in the event I experience difficulties with PC-1. Which periodically I run to Update and Maintain Security Updates, runs almost Identical Programs as PC-1 does.

Backing Up is Important, why I also use an External 2TB drive, and a 1TB SSD Drive, 2 250GB Thumb Drives.

Problem may exist with your Back-Up if you backed up the issue, or have a virus undetected, and your Back-up is also corrupted.

Software Compatibility and Updates are Important for Programs/Software/Hardware of your System. As is Preventive Maintenance to improve performance.

I also Run DriverEasy Pro frequently, as the name implies of Updating Drivers, possibly more than Windows 10 would ever.  

------------

I performed other Tasks as Suggested by Microsoft as well to no avail.

The Moral of this Story is Patience, Time, Diligence, Perseverance, Methodical Approach, as you will learn along the way.

I went as far as to Create a User Account Control (UAC) of PC-1 Acer, this did not resolve Windows 10 Home Update Issues, nor had Steps 1-3.

2 Dec 2020, I performed a System Reset, hours and days later same issues with Windows 10 Home Update

I then decided to Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro.  At a cost of $106


As you would have it, Attempt 1 Failed Error Code: 0x80070005 means Access denied and it usually occurs because of lack of permissions. 

Onto the Next Issue was with Activation

Perplexed, not able to know if in fact Win10 Pro, did download and install itself from Microsoft Store, was I did see under then My Computer Properties Windows 10 Pro Edition.

Once I learned after Live Chat with Microsoft, how to obtain a Default Activation Key to use for changing product key.  Now my copy was activated.

Only Windows 10 Pro Update had the same Issues as Home.  So for a little over a Month until 9 Jan 2021, I used Win10 Pro as is.

9 Jan 2021, became my 2nd System Reset...no getting around Hours and Days of this process which as before on 2 Dec had Wiped out all Software and Files associated with those programs.  My Personal Files are/have been backed up to that of 2 other locations.

However, once again I was re-installing all Software, Re-Configuring Windows to my Preferences, same would be of all my Programs Settings I may have Tweaked over the years.

Once this System Reset was complete Win10 Version now was Enterprise, not Pro.  

Win10 Enterprise v2004

I had save the Key Code for Win10 Pro. 

I am as far as I know back to A OK System Performance, as of 21 Feb 2021.  Unknown the culprit that caused Windows Update to fail repeatedly, nor all Supposed Fixes had not worked.

Not to mention Full System Scans for Viruses, Malware and using Norton Power Eraser Option to seek out any Foreign Virus & Malware, was not found.

Win10 Pro v1511

All Systems are different Configurations, OS Version and Updates, Installed Programs, daily usage and care for maintaining your Operating Device, be it PC Desktop Tower, Laptop, Notebook, Tablet/Phablet, SmartPhone or Other.

Win10 Pro v20H2


No comments:

Post a Comment